Monday, January 29, 2007

Technology Autobiography

As a member of the Internet generation I am not completely in the dark regarding technology but there are plenty of technological innovations that I know absolutely nothing about. In elementary school we had a desktop computer that ran on DOS and had a word processor and a few games. We got our first Windows run computer when I was in 7th grade and the Internet when I was in eighth grade. Since then I've learned quite a bit about computers and the Internet but use it primarily as a source of information. More recently I've gotten into some of the social networking sites but don't let them run my life. I spend a fair amount of time on the computer, but not my entire day as I still enjoy reading and being outside. I'm pretty proficient with most standard programs and am MOUS certified in Word and Excel. I spent two semesters exploring computer science and programming before I decided that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life staring at a computer screen. I enjoy creating power point presentations and other graphics. I am a graphic artist for a small T-shirt company in my hometown and have a fair amount of experience with graphics programs, especially Corel Draw. I would say that I know more than most people about technology but am certainly not one of those people that you can call that can make a computer do whatever they want.

OK, so that's a brief tidbit about my technological experiences in one of the more disorganized writings I've done, but a decent start to this whole blogging thing.

1 comment:

CMichaels86 said...

Hi Anne,

The sites that have stock items are generally pretty good quality, but most of the time sites offer custom materials the quality is fair at best(although there are definitely exceptions out there). If you want to have your own design that involves more than just text or a one-color graphic you're much better off just going to a local screen printer to get it done.

Chris